• Attendee. Association of American University Presses Conference. Philadelphia, PA. June 2016.
• Invited Speaker. “Economic AND Artistic Experience: Exploring the Complex Politics of Cultural Intervention.” Beauty in Small Places II Conference. Portland, IN. April 2014.
• Presenter. “Regionalism in Theory and Practice, or a Plea for Appalachian Studies.” Appalachian Studies Association Conference. Charleston, WV. March 2014.
• Keynote Speaker. “A Seat at the Table: Public Engagement and the Future of Appalachian Studies.” University of Kentucky Graduate Appalachian Research Community Symposium and Arts Showcase. Lexington, KY. March 2014.
• Invited Panel Participant. “The Messy and Complex Politics of Social Work and Development.” Social Work Day at Union College. Barbourville, KY. February 2014.
• Invited Panel Participant. “Economic Mindfulness, Development, and Craft Production.” Citizen’s Institute for Rural Design. Somerset, KY. October 2013.
• Invited Panel Participant. “Creating a New Economic Language in Central Appalachia.” Association of American Geographers Conference. Los Angeles, CA. April 2013.
• Presenter. “Conceptualizing the State: Geographical Lores, Alternative Economic Practices, and the Kentucky Craft Marketing Program.” Appalachian Studies Association Conference. Boone, NC. March 2013.
• Presenter. “Fostering a Language of Economic Diversity and a Politics of Hope in Eastern Kentucky.” Appalachian Studies Association Conference. Indiana, PA. March 2012.
• Presenter. “Kentucky Crafted: Exploring Geographical Lores and Alternative Economic Practices.” Association of American Geographers Conference. New York, NY. February 2012.